Invite a friend
Occupy Newark welcomes Occupy Caravan to Newark
Occupiers are traveling caravan-style from the 4 corners of the United States to converge in Philly for a national gathering from June 30 to July 4, picking up riders and vehicles along the way. The Northeast caravan will stop in Newark, New Jersey overnight on 6/29.
In Newark, Caravanners will be welcomed at a greeting hub and receive information about actions taking place where they can join in solidarity with local residents. They will also receive directions to the homes, churches and organizations hosting them for the night.
You are welcome to join the actions, festivities and share the evening's potluck meal. Bring your signs! Bring your instruments! Bring your voices!!!
Join this event to receive information as it becomes available. This is a rough outline of the day as it looks now (may change, so check back).
SCHEDULE JUNE 29
12-4pm Welcome Occupy Caravanners (Military Park)
3-4pm Stop Foreclosures Now action. Meet at Military Park 3pm to move to nearby action
4:30-6 POP Daily Rally for Social & Economic Justice
(Market St. & Springfield Ave by county courthouse)
6-7:30 Potluck Dinner, Playback Theatre, and Solidarity
Singers (Military Park)
7:30-9 General Assembly "Tell your story" (Military Park)
We're currently in need of:
• An air conditioned welcoming place in Newark with parking access (otherwise welcome will take place in Military Park)
• An air conditioned space to hold the General Assembly
• More hosts for caravanners to spend the night
• Snacks and beverages for the welcome center
• Volunteers to help at the welcome center
• YOU! Join the POP rally, share a meal, attend the General Assembly and tell your story. Just come!
Check out the Nat Gat event page too:
|Where||Broad St & Park Pl, Newark, NJ 07102|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||12:00 pm–10:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|