Taxes Still Not Done Yet?

It's not too late to ask for more time

With the income tax season winding down, the IRS wants to remind taxpayers how to request some extra time if necessary to file their return and the options they have to pay their tax bill.

If you need more time to file your return, you can get an automatic six-month extension of time to file from the IRS.  You must file for an extension by the April 17 deadline.  An extension will give you extra time to get your paperwork to the IRS, but it does not extend the time you have to pay any tax due. You will owe interest on any amount not paid by the deadline, plus you may owe penalties.

To get an extension, visit www.irs.gov for forms. Or get a hard copy of IRS Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File US Individual Tax Income Return, to the address on the form. It must be postmarked no later than tomorrow, April 17. 
·         ·      


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »