It’s the Battle of the Peninsula, and the pubs, lounges and restaurants of the East Ward are ready.
Home to thousands of residents of Iberian descent, a number of venues in the Ironbound plan to be showing the European Championship soccer semifinals between Spain and Portugal tomorrow. The game will be broadcast on ESPN at 2:45 pm.
The winner of what is expected to be a shootout between two high-powered offenses advances to the European championships.
If you feel like rooting for your team while enjoying good food, a few cocktails and the company of fellow fans, here’s a list of some of the neighborhood places that will be showing tomorrow’s game:
1. Bello’s Pub, 376 Market St., 973-465-0052. Happy hour prices on drinks.
2. Blitz Sports Bar, 179 Wilson Ave., 973-465-1313. Domestic drafts $2, other beer specials
3. Hell’s Kitchen Lounge, 150 Lafayette St., 973-465-4422. Half price on draft beer, $5 well drinks.
4. Mompou Tapas Lounge, 77 Ferry St., 973-578-8114.
5. Garden Sports Bar, 51 Pacific St., 973-465-0005
6. Madrid & Lisbon, 325 Lafayette St., 973-589-5539. Specials TBA on day of game.
7. Spanish Sangria, 157 Magazine St., 973-344-9286. No specials tomorrow but specials are planned for the finals if Spain advances.
8. Spanish Tavern, 103 McWhorter St., 973-589-4959.
9. Allegro Seafood Grill. 58 Kossuth St., 973-344-4500.
Where will you be checking out the game? Tell us in the comments!