Essex County College
973-877-3000 (Main); 973-877-3100 (Admissions)
This is the main campus of the county's public community college, covering three city blocks in University Heights. Essex County College is comprised of this campus, plus the West Essex campus in West Caldwell and the Police Academy in Cedar Grove. It offers associates' degrees in nearly 70 majors in bilingual studies, biology and chemistry, business, engineering technologies and computer sciences, humanities, mathematics and physics, nursing and allied health, and social sciences. Many ECC students go on to transfer to four-year institutions, such as the neighboring Rutgers - Newark and NJIT.
- Handicap Accessible: Parking, entrances
- Founding Date: 1966
- Number of students: 25,000
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, Paid lot
- Degrees: Undergraduate
- Programs: Evening, Part-time, Summer studies
- Campus housing: No
- Sports conference: Garden State Athletic Conference (GSAC) and Region 19 of the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Sports teams: The Wolverines